Santa Barbara State College -- Industrial Education Unit

Description

This image is a photograph of a rendering of the Industrial Education Unit for the Leadbetter Mesa campus, designed by Alfred Eichler. It was the first building built on the site for the Santa Barbara State College expansion, and was used from the early 1940s until the campus moved to the Goleta Mesa in 1954.

It is now part of the Santa Barbara City College, and houses the administration building, the MacDougall Administration Center.

Source

Alfred Eichler papers, Architecture and Design Collection. Art, Design & Architecture Museum; University of California, Santa Barbara.

Date

circa 1939

Rights

Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Copyright restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. University of California Regents.

Files

adc_130_b7_02-k.jpg

Citation

Alfred Eichler, “Santa Barbara State College -- Industrial Education Unit,” UCSB ADC Omeka, accessed May 25, 2018, http://128.111.216.75/items/show/147.

Geolocation